Over 200 Govt.Schools
Realisation of RTE Act 2009 in Govt Schools
LEADS has been intensively working for realisation of RTE Act 2009 in more than 2000 schools of Jharkhand since implementation of the Act. We have created various models of implementation of RTE Act 2009 in Govt Schools by involving School Management Committee (SMC). LEADS has:
- Enrolled more than 2000 dropout children in to the schools
- Build capacity of more than 1200 School Managing Committees on School Development Plan
- Promoted nutrition garden in school campus
- Planted more than 8000 fruit bearing trees in different schools having boundary; Promoted live fencing where there was no boundary wall
- Provided teachers in remote tribal dominated villages in case of urgent need
- LEADS has reached to more than 1 lac children studying in govt schools directly
- Through state association and Jharkhand Right to Education Forum, more than 10 lacs children have been reached
- LEADS has improved learning level by promoting School Development Plan and its implementation through School Management Committee.
Promotion of School Development Plan and Creating RTE Complied Model Schools
LEADS is pioneer in realising RTE Act by involving School Management Committee in the process of formulation of school development plan and its implementation. LEADS has promoted this process in more than 2000 schools in Jharkhand directly and through partnership with different organisations working on education across Jharkhand.
LAMPS Model for Elementary Education
LAMPS model basically focuses on all round development of children. It facilitates logical and relevant learning as per context and mapping the progress periodically for evaluation and there by corrective measures for further improvement. LAMPS Makes the System Sensitive and Provides Inputs to School Education. It connects RTE Act 2009, SDG-4 and core component of draft New Education Policy and Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan. To promote the holistic development of children as a process we define the core elements which need to mobilise for better ambience building in favour of quality and inclusive education of children. Those core focus areas are as follows:
- Child Centric: This model focuses on Quality and Inclusive Education approach having pedagogical base and joyful learning with various extracurricular activities relevant for tribal area. The importance of pedagogy is pivotal in the learning process. Solid teaching practices are important for all children, but they are essential if vulnerable learners are to achieve positive learning outcomes.
- Community Centric: This model focuses on Participatory Planning, Budgeting, Implementation and Monitoring and further Corrective Measures involving communities (SMC, Gram Sabha, PRIs, Bal Sansad etc)
- Teacher Centric: This model focuses on Enriching Teachers on diverse contents and pedagogical approach for teaching children with diverse knowledge and base of learning appropriation. This ensures joyful learning and efficient classroom transactions
- Infrastructure Centric: This model focuses on Qualitatively Functional Infrastructure in the school premises of schools by involving all stakeholders.
- Stakeholders Centric: This model focuses on ensuring Involvement and ownership of all stakeholders for supporting children and their education.
Digital Tools like AKVO for mapping of learning/monitoring and digital equipments like tab, computer and internet support will be used for making digital classrooms for enhancing classrooms transactions and interface of children with new world of technology.
If all above mentioned areas are properly facilitated then quality education can be ensured in the given context. LAMPS mainly respond to the local needs based in process for sustainability of impacts.
Teachers Training and Providing Teachers to Remote Single Teachers Schools
LEADS is committed to quality education to the children studying in Govt Schools and for quality education, quality teachers are pre requisites. So, LEADS provides training to teachers on :
- Gender Equity Movement in Schools(GEMS)
- Motivational aspects
- Quality Education
- How to use TLM for better learning of children
LEADS also provides teachers where there is acute shortage of teachers and number of children is more. We also address disability related issues across our all programmes to make our intervention inclusive.
Advocacy for Compliance of RTE Act 2009 in Jharkhand
LEADS has been lobbying and advocating for quality education by using RTE Act as one of the fundamental tool. LEADS convenes the Jharkhand Right to Education Forum (JRTEF) in which more than 200 organisation, media persons, academicians, social workers are the honourable members and contributing in advocating for quality education in Jharkhand. Other activities addressing this aspect are:
- Annual Review and Sharing of Civil Society Feedback to Govt of Jharkhand
- Large Scale Promotion of School Development Plan and its Implementation in Association with Dept of Education/JEPC
- Annual Felicitation of outstanding performer for quality education like SMC members, Teachers, PRI members, Bal Sansads, Community members etc.
- Publishing relevant educational IEC materials for its lager use across the state for ensuring quality of education
- Developing models of education and sharing with various stakeholders for its replication.
School Campus Nutrition Garden and Plantation
Children and Mothers in Jharkhand are suffering from malnutrition. So, LEADS also mobilise plants and seeds from various sources and distribute them amongst the Govt Schools and facilitate its sowing and plantation. More than 200 schools have been nurtured and the campuses are green full of fruit bearing trees and children are relishing its fruits. Produces of kitchen garden are used in Mid Day Meal to enrich the quality and nutritional value of the food served to children.
Overall Achievements and Impacts
- 60000 children from 650 Govt Schools are getting quality education, more than 90 per cent attendance have been ensured, teacher and children ratio in intervention area is maintained, syllabus covered and completed in class, child centric extracurricular activities conducted, continuous comprehensive evaluation conducted regularly,
- Life skill education and career guidance given to 8000 children are engaged on saving habits, kitchen garden, preservation of nutrition food, games and sports, painting, news paper writing, hand wash promotion, protection of child rights etc.
- 1930 children enrolled under Vidyalay Chale Chalaye Abhiyan (VCCA) campaign. Reduced dropouts and increased retention through tracking process.
- 15000 adolescent school children are sensitized on adolescent health, nutrition, education and child protection under career guidance program
- Recruitment of more than 16000 teachers in Jharkhand under the pressure of advocacy efforts of JRTEF.
- 10000 School Development Plan (SDP) formulated in 10000 Govt Schools by the SMC members and supported by Govt and community
- Monitoring /Assessment tools used and maintained by SMC members in 650 schools
- We supported to state government on formulation of SDP in 10000 schools across the state through JRTEF members.
- We supported to state government on establishment of State Education Support Mission (SESM) and involving 16 JRTEF members in this state organised monitoring team
- 350 RTE Volunteers (Shiksha Mitra) promoted to support in implementation of provisions of RTE Act cross the state.
- Partnering with more than 150 organisation to advocate for implementation of RTE Act and ensuring quality education for children of Jharkhand,
- 6 schools from our field from Ramgarh, Ranchi and Lohardaga have been nominated for National Award 2019
- LEADS is a part of State Resource Team to facilitate trainings and develop State SMC training module.
- LEADS promoted SMC federation from Block to State level are performing actively as resolving issues related to Teachers recruitment, fund utilization, MDM, timely distribution of TLM, Scholarship, implementation and monitoring of School Development Plan