Jharkhand Right To Education Forum is a platform of organizations and networks which are working on Education and Child issues in Jharkhand and few of them can be named as : Oxfam India, India Literacy Project, Save the Children, Action Aid, UNICEF, PACS, Development Focus, Plan India, CRY, Jharkhand Primary Education Form (JPEF), WHH, BFdW, Campaign for Rights to Education in Jharkhand (CREJ), etc.
Along with that various compatible individual organizations, Teacher’s Union, Educationist, Academicians, Social Activists, Representatives of Electronic and Print Media, SMC Representatives, PRI representatives are also part of this forum. JRTEF has also association with networks like National Right to Education Forum and Wada Na Todo Aabhiyan at National Level. At present more than 200 organisations are partner of JRTEF.JRTEF is directly working in alliance with LEADS, which also offers administrative and Operational support. JRTEF office is positioned in the premises of LEADS.
INTERVENTION OF JRTEF
- Promoting School Development Plans in various schools across Jharkhand
- Conducting study in association with ASER and also independently to know the status of quality education and extent of realization of RTE Act 2009 in the State.
- Promotion of SMC Federation in Jharkhand and building capacity of SMC.
- Preparing Charter of Demands and sharing it in state stock taking conference in presence of policy and decision makers.
- Greater publicity of the issues related to children through various IEC materials across the state.
- Supporting State campaigns in Jharkhand.
- JRTEF has been part of various State campaigns like Swachhata Vidyalaya Swasthya Bachhe campaign, Pahale Padai Fir Bidai campaign with Government (Jharkhand Education Project Council), Plantation campaign in schools, documentation of good practices, video recording of best case stories, participating with State Education Support Mission (SESM), SMC mobilisation, SDP preparation on New Education Policy, campaign during panchayat election through IEC materials, Pre Budget Consultation, Action 2015 and Sustainable Development Goal.
- JRTEF organised a state SMC Sammelan covering various issues like grievance redressal, quality Education, Pre Budget issues, Swachhata Mission in schools, SMC and its roles in quality Education, etc. Ms. Aradhana Pattanayak, Principal Secretary, HRD attended the programme and assured to strenghten the Grievance Redressal system in response to demands made by JRTEF. More than 400 participants from across the State attended the programme. JRTEF prepared multicolor posters on Grievance Redressal, Bal Sansad, SMC and shared the documents related to Grievance Redressal Mechanism were shared with all.
- JRTEF being part of State Education Support Mission (SESM) is regularly monitoring the Government schools. Books and posters on SMC, SDP, Bal Sansad, Grievance Redressal, etc. were also released during the programme which drew the attention of common people, Government officials, print and electronic media besides civil society.
- JRTEF is working closely with the Government (JEPC) to prepare model School Development Plan (SDP) in 10,000 schools throughout the State. The organizations linked with JRTEF are working in their respective intervention areas to prepare quality SDP by empowering the respective School Management Committee and community.