A group of rural development professionals joined their hands to establish an organisation, which can professionally respond to issues which are affecting lives of poor and marginalised people of Jharkhand. As an outcome “Life Education and Development Support” (LEADS) came into existence on 14th Dec 2005. LEADS is a not for profit, development organisation registered under Trust Act (1882) on 14th Dec 2005 at Ranchi, Jharkhand.
LEADS believes that every individual has immense inner potentials irrespective of caste, creed, religion and sex. These verities of inner potentials can be unfolded and promoted for better utilisation which can bring positive changes in the society. The overall development interventions of LEADS are centred to this ideology itself. LEADS is an ideology driven organisation and planning of LEADS is done on the basis its ideology which provides us strength to look for long term vision for poor and marginalised sections of our society.
CORE GUIDING VALUES & PRINCIPLES
- Participation and Cooperation
- Gender Equity and Justice
- Decentralisation of Decisions Making Process
- Collective Leadership both at Community and Organisation Level
- Respect to Humanity, Peace and Justice
- Team Work
- Inclusion of Passionate Persons in the COLLECTIVE LEADERSHIP of LEADS
LEADS aspires for a society where all have equal access and control over resources/ services irrespective of caste, creed, religion, economic status and sex, essential for quality and dignified life. The values like participation, equity, mutual respect, peace and justice to people and nature will prevail in society. Earth will be a better place for leading a dignified life for generations to come.
LEADS is committed to issues like Quality Education to all, Ensuring Child Rights, Assured Livelihood to most marginalised, Women empowerment, Promotion of Skilled Human Resources, Health, Empowering PRIs etc in course of its interventions. Participatory approach will be core element in LEADS development interventions. Empowerment of community and convergence with state and other program will be focussed in the grassroots intervention to create resource based within community.
- To create awareness among the referral communities to unfold their potentials and ensure realisation of Govt schemes and entitlements, RTE Act 2009, Livelihood options, opportunities available for communities and other communities rights.
- To promote collective self confidence of community by promoting CBOs like Gram Sabhas, SHGs, SMC, Bal Sansad, Farmers Club, Producer Group etc across the intervention areas.
- To ensure community convergence with state schemes, entitlements, livelihood opportunities, natural resources, agri activities, SDGs etc as livelihood options.
- To create development models on various themes like education, health, livelihood, natural resource promotion, water conservation, WASH in schools, plantation etc and facilitate its replication with various agencies.
- To build capacity of small and grassroots organisation for quality intervention in the communities and advocacy at state level for improvements in govt services and community participation in availing those services.
- To conduct issue based survey, research and study to improve the quality of development interventions.
- To publish issue based research reports, publications, manuals, booklets, postures, handbills etc to support quality development interventions.
- To provide consultancy services / professional support and issue based human resource to other organisations, networks, resource agencies, Govt agencies etc as per need to enhance the quality of intervention.
- To make thematic linkages with national and international development agencies to improve quality of intervention of LEADS and its partners focussing more on SDGs.
OUR REFERRAL PEOPLE
- Children of Age Group0-18 Yrs, Lactating and Pregnant Mothers
- Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Castes, Women, Farmers
- Adolescent and Youths
- Persons with Disabilities(Dibyang)
- Ultra poor of all communities
- Other economically backward groups
The districts in which LEADS is operational include Ranchi
- Saraikella Kharsawan
- West Singhbhum
Network and promotional activities are undertaken in all the 24 districts of Jharkhand
There are five major strategies of intervention of LEADS aligning its development ideology as follows:
- LEADS direct community engagements for socio-economic and environmental development.
- Networking of likeminded organisations and groups of organisation at state level on education, child protection, health and nutrition, livelihood, NGOs/CSOs management, CSR management etc at state level for lobby and issue based advocacy.
- Issue based survey, research and publication by LEADS on to improve quality of intervention of development actors like Govt, CSOs, Networks, Resource agencies etc.
- Alliance and linkage building at national and international on SDGs, CSR, Education and Budget Analysis.
- Promotional and consultancy services to development actors at state and national level.
- Promotion of CBOs (SHGs, Producer Group, School Management Committee, Bal Sansad etc)
- Child Rights, Education and Child Protection
- Livelihood (Agriculture, Natural Resources and Animal Husbandry, Right to Food etc)
- Promotion of Sustainable Environment & Energy Solutions
- Women Empowerment and Gender Equity
- Health and Nutrition
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Promotion of PRIs for planning, budgeting and implementation of development schemes.
- WASH/WASH in Schools/Menstrual Health Management.
- Analysis of State Budget/Gender Budget/Child Budget
- Convergence with state schemes and entitlements.